Australian singer/songwriter Mark Wilkinson is living the dream!
Just back from a global tour that’s included the USA, Canada, the UK, Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland, Mark joined me at my Bondi Beach podcast studio to chat about his sold out shows in 8 different countries on 3 continents and sharing the stage with some of music industry’s most enigmatic names including Brian Wilson and Rodriguez.
As Mark Wilkinson embarks on the final two legs of his global tour at home in Australia and New Zealand to launch brand new EP ‘Lost In A Dream’, we chat about:
- Meeting through another Sydney singer/songwriter, Kate Gogarty, whom I used to manage and I surprise him with the story that I met this artist through a friend of hers via a dating app.
- Mark’s first ever memories as a small child in Singapore.
- A “pinch me” moment that he enjoyed whilst on tour in the Netherlands, where he thought to himself “I can’t believe that this is happening right now!”.
- Mark’s experiences self-producing the ‘Lost In A Dream’ EP, taking the leap of faith to work solo without a producer and the next steps for his upcoming 3rd studio album.
- 2 people who have inspired him on his journey to become a global, touring singer/songwriter.
- 2 pieces of advice that Mark Wilkinson would give to someone who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Super inspiring chats & I hope you enjoy it as much as I do… Let’s get into it!