Hot & Delicious Group
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #161 Tom Richardson (Australian singer/songwriter) launches launches ‘Somebody Say Love’ single!
Tom Richardson is a close mate of mine and inspirational Australian singer/songwriter, who has performed in 15 different countries, had his music featured on Rip Curl surfing documentaries and in 2018, hits a decade of travelling the globe with a dream job as a full-time independent musician since the age of 21.
On today’s podcast we chat about Tom Richardson’s latest EP ‘Promise of the Light’, which is due to launch worldwide in early 2018 and was recorded in solace in lakeside cabins in Alberta, Canada and jungle hideaways in Bali, Indonesia, before collaborating with close friends Benny Walker & Tim Bennett in home studios in the Adelaide Hills and with seaside views at his home in Warrnambool, Australia.
We also enjoy vast-ranging chats about the systems & processes and tools that Tom utilises as a small business owner to keep a balanced life of physical & mental health, his favourite podcasts including Song Exploder, The Tim Ferris Show and Pilgrim Heart with Krishna Das, different meditation and yoga techniques that he practices, sharing stages with the likes Joe Bonamassa, Cold Chisel, John Butler Trio and a musical passport of memories including musical collaborations with Native American poets, Indian Kirtan masters, Fijian highland village choirs & indigenous Australian icons. Fascinating chats!
This latest release truly reflects Tom Richardson’s nomadic schedule and his life across the past 10 years, which is a musical odyssey of regular tours around Australia, North America, Asia and Europe leading to “rave reviews, prime festival slots, and international airplay”.
Oh and we snapped up the exclusive 1st worldwide global release of ‘Somebody Say Love’, the first single off Tom Richardson‘s ‘Promise of the Light’ EP! YES!
Super podcast, top bloke. I know you will enjoy the show. Let’s get into it!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Music, Podcast, Travel and tagged Alberta, ambition, Ausmusic, Australia, Australian, Bali, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, Benny Walker, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Canada, City of Angels, Cold Chisel, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, EP, founder, Hootsuite, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Indonesia, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, John Butler Trio, Krishna Das, LA, Los Angeles, Melbourne, music festival, Native American, new music, Pilgrim Heart, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, poet, Promise of the Light, Rip Curl, Single, social media, social media strategy, Somebody Say Love, Song Exploder, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, tech, The Tim Ferris Show, Tim Bennett, Tom Richardson, US, USA, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Ever wanted to work in the USA like me?
Last year I was in Los Angeles and the USA under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program for just under 3 months to explore what Los Angeles was like as a place to be based for work – to see if there was another side to the City of Angels away from the plastic fantastic and then based on these experiences, decide if I wished to pursue the O1 Visa as an option to work in the USA (also known as the O1 Alien of Extraordinary Ability Visa – yes, that’s what it’s called).
Now any Australian who has spent time in Los Angeles with a Green Card, E3 or O1 Visa will tell you that they have the best US Immigration Lawyer in the USA ever! And chances are that they might, but it’s not all cut & dried and there are some key things that you need to know before you go splash the cash on securing a lawyer in the hopes of chasing the American dream.
This week on Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! I chat with Los Angeles-based US International Business and Immigration lawyer, Andrea Szew, about:
- The 5 Must-Haves When Applying for a US Visa.
- How Trump’s administration is affecting foreign nationals’ ability to work in the US 1 year on since taking office and what you as an applicant needs to take into consideration.
- Andrea Szew’s life growing up in California, her time at UCLA and what inspired her to become a lawyer specializing in Immigration Law.
- Some of the iconic clients Andrea’s worked with including Hootsuite CEO, Ryan Holmes, Australia’s Thunder from Down Under in Las Vegas and much much more.
For context, Andrea and I met through the Aussies in LA / Australians in LA Facebook Pages, which is a wonderful community of Aussies and a super important resource for any Australian based in or seeking to be approved for a USA visa to work in Los Angeles.
And the good news is that there is SO much more to L.A. than the glitter, gloss and your name up in lights; countless hiking trails in the greater Los Angeles area, live comedy every night of the week, amazing Mexican food, a live music scene that makes your mouth water and I fell in love with the Sports Bar culture too. I’ve found the American people as a whole, from my previous holidays there and on this trip, to be so warm and welcoming, polite and giving. Plus if you need it, there’s this a super supportive community of expat Australians in both Los Angeles and New York City (should you need it) and a whole new country to explore. Loves it!
So if you an Australian businessman/women seeking to work in the USA or you have a friend who is… if you are award-winning digital media professional, an actor, musician, producer or entertainer who believes you have done the hard yards and have what it takes to make it in the USA, then this is the podcast for you!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Andrea Szew, Aussies, Aussies in LA Facebook Page, Australia, Australian, Australians in LA Facebook Page, B1B2 Visa, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, CEO, City of Angels, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Donald Trump, E3 Visa, entrepreneur, ESTA Visa Waiver Program, foreign nationals, founder, Green Card, Hootsuite, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, LA, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Melbourne, O1 Visa, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Ryan Holmes, social media, social media strategy, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, Szew Law Group, tech, Thunder Down Under, Trump, US, USA, video, Visa, wanderlust, YouTube.
Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet! – Global Award-Winning Social Media Strategy & Content Production for your brand.
Well now, what an amazing year 2017 has been!
After taking the leap of faith and leaving my role as Social Media Lead at SapientNitro Australia to step back into my own Social Media Strategy & Content Production business, I have relocated to Sydney from Melbourne (via Los Angeles) to take on Cancer Council Australia as a client, significantly diversified our depth of experience across a range of different industries, lectured social media strategy in university at Macleay College in Sydney for the first time, had my own radio show on Bondi Beach Radio and run a series of live podcasts including the International Business Review Conference in Melbourne just 2 weeks ago!
Over the past year or so, Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! have worked Cancer Council Australia, Planet Life Balance Virtual Reality Greening app, Moula fintech, Mahlab Agency (global B2B business, hbf insurance), REBORN Agency, and Cherry Blooms global cosmetics brand providing a range of services including a full audit of organisational digital ecosystems and assets, the generation Best Practice Social Media Playbooks and Monthly Reporting templates, creation of systems and processes to improve internal/external ways or working and 2-3 year strategic roadmaps.
3 key points have only further solidified in my mind over this time. We as Social Media Strategists, Creatives and Account Management teams need to push our teams and our clients to be more sophisticated in the creation of through-the-line strategies and content that generate Social Social Media designed for the User Experience, Funnel Strategies that drive ROI and evolve our approach for the The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns.
Inspirational quotes do zero for your brand objectives unless you’re a meditation/yoga business or run a speaker agency, cat videos and dog memes aren’t suitable unless you’re Whiskas or Chum and generic lifestyle/beauty products laid out on a towel on the beach is just not doing much of value to sales or a connection with your brand.
If you haven’t implemented the following in your agency or brand yet, then this is where you need to start in 2018:
- Social Social Media + UX – Generate Content That You’d Want To See In Your Own Mobile Newsfeed. Don’t use social media to yell at people! Billboards ≠ Effective Content.
- Create a Funnel Strategy. Create strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and client ROI.
- Design or re-design your digital ecosystem with specific roles.
- Assess your current digital ecosystem.
- Determine where your target audience are playing.
- Assess what ad solutions best suit your objectives and target audience penetration.
- Ladder your Content Pillars -> Social Media Objectives -> Business Pillars.
- Utilize your content and ad spend as part of a Funnel Strategy.
- Design or re-design your digital ecosystem with specific roles.
- The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns – Pivot from the wanna-be Instagram model to working with and upskilling influencers to create campaigns with a measurable uplift in Sales and Return On Investment.
Want to delve into this further? Check out this LIVE at Future Social Media 2017: Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns feature presentation and podcast that I recorded with Carat media agency Senior Business Manager, Harry McGoldrick at International Business Review Conference 2 weeks ago and download the accompanying deck/resources here!
And if you, your agency, your business, your brand or your client are looking to transform the way you approach social media, designed for both the User Experience AND ROI… then let’s chat. Drop me a line:
Dan Wilkinson email@example.com
Social Media Strategy, Content Production, Monthly Social Media Calendars, Best Practice Social Media Playbooks, Community Management & Monthly Reporting templates.
Complete our Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet contact form below and we can start building your presence today.
This entry was posted in craft beer, Fashion, Lifestyle, Music, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged app, author, B2B, B2B Marketing, beautiful, blog, blogger, blogging, brand building, Bulmers, Cadbury, Cancer Council Australia, Canon, Cherry Blooms, community management, content creation, content management, content marketing, content production, content strategy, copywriting, Dan Wilkinson, digital, digital marketing, digital media, digital strategy, Download, DSLR, entrepreneur, fintech, Free, Greening, happy, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, hotndelicious rocks the planet, influencer, influencer marketing, inspiration, inspire, live each moment, Mahlab, Mahlab Content Agency, marketing, Melbourne, Moula, Moula Money, new music, Peroni, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, photographer, photography, Plant Life Balance, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, producer, production, REBORN agency, shot of the day., SLR, social media, social media content, social media marketing, social media monitoring, social media strategist, social media strategy, startup, strategist, strategy, video, Virtual Reality, writer, YouTube.
Craft Beer Podcast TV Feature: Pro surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian + Black Brewing Co launch Honest Ale.
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #159 Honest Ale (Pro surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian + Black Brewing Co launch new craft beer).
Rad podcast chats!
Yesterday arvo I sat down with Pro Surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian at Hotel Ravesis in Bondi Beach to launch brand new Western Australian beer, Honest Ale, to the East Coast of Australia.
Honest Ale was born in the Margaret River region of Western Australia in May of 2017 and is the product of these three west oz natives in partnership with the crew at Black Brewing Co.
I actually grew up in Perth and every summer holidays we’d head down to the south coast of WA to Busselton (or Busso as the locals call it) in the Margaret River region and I have so many happy memories of that magical part of the world!
Inspiring chats as Taj, Jay and Dino share their earliest ever childhood memories, what the Honest Ale name means and what Black Brewing Co did to bring their dreams into reality and their advice for any one of you who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Super chats, super night out with the boys in Bondi Beach. Let’s get into it!
This entry was posted in craft beer, Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, Black Brewing Co, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Busselton, Busso, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Dino Adrian, entrepreneur, founder, Honest Ale, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hotel Ravesis, hotndelicious, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, Jay Davies, Margaret River, Melbourne, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Pro surfers, Ravesis, Ryan Ginns, social media, social media strategy, speaker, startup, strategy, success, surf, surfer, surfing Taj Burrow, Sydney, tech, USA, video, WA, wanderlust, Western Australia, Western Australian, Wil Eastley, Yokke Gallery, YouTube.
LIVE at Future Social Media 2017: Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #158 LIVE at IBRC Future Social Media 2017 Conference feat. Harry McGoldrick (Senior Business Manager – Carat media agency).
WOW! International Business Review Conference contacted me earlier this year and asked if I would like to speak at their ‘Future Social Media’ Conference in Melbourne this month and in Sydney next year.
As soon as they asked, I replied “Damn straight, as long as I can do it as a live podcast presentation with an industry guest”. IBRC jumped on board and the next thing you know I was jetting down to Melbourne to ‘Future Social Media 2017′ for my live social media feature presentation and podcast with Carat media agency Senior Business Manager, Harry McGoldrick, who works with wicked brands across a range of industries including Disney, Mattel, Marvel and more!
On today’s show we chat about the following:
Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns.
- Social Social Media + UX. The keys to generating content that consumers actually want to see and interact with their Mobile Newsfeed, whilst driving business and brand objectives.
- Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI.
- The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns. Pivoting from the wanna-be Instagram model to working with and upskilling influencers to create campaigns with a measurable uplift in Sales and Return On Investment.
PLUS, here are just some of the cool topics we discuss:
- Describe your favourite or one of your favourite campaigns that you’ve seen or been a part of in the digital space. What was it that you liked about it and why?
- What’s one way a creative/digital agency can do as far as ways of working to make your like easier as a Senior Business Manager at Carat?
- What brands do you think are nailing it in the digital space at the moment utilising a combination of amazing creative and the latest in advertising solutions.
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – The Ghost Ship on Sydney Harbour.
- How did the Ghost Ship concept come about?
- What was one of the most unexpected elements about bringing the activation to life?
- How did it work?
- What are digital platform products and developments on the horizon in 2018 that excite you and that you think digital marketers should be across?
- Given that one of the imperatives as a Media Agency is demonstrating ROI to clients. What things are you looking for when working with influencers and how would you like to influence change in how these influencers are being used?
If you would like to follow allow with the PowerPoint presentation and all the resources mentioned in the show, then download them here:
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, Brand Campaigns, businessman, Carat media agency, creative, Dan Wilkinson, Dead Men Tell No Tales, digital, Disney, entrepreneur, founder, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns, Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI, Future Social Media, Harry McGoldrick, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, IBRC, ideation, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, International Business Review, International Business Review Conferences, Marvel, Mattel, Melbourne, Pirates of The Caribbean, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Return On Investment, ROI, social media, Social Media Influencer, social media strategy, Social Social Media + UX, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, Sydney Harbour, Tahs, tech, The Ghost Ship, USA, UX, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Did you ever dream of goose-stepping up the wing like the Wallabies’ David Campese in the World Cup? Steaming in with bullets like Dennis Lillie against the Poms to win the Ashes? Or taking three World titles and two Commonwealth Games gold medals like Aussie netballer Liz Ellis?
Well, NSW Waratahs and Australian Wallabies rugby union prop Paddy Ryan is chasing his dreams at the level elite! This Australian rugby union footballer currently has 93 caps for the NSW Waratahs in Super Rugby and 3 caps for the Australian national rugby union team the Wallabies and in today’s cracking podcast we delve into the Paddy Ryan’s minds eye as he describes for us the experience of what it’s like to walk out for the Wallabies for the very first time, how you handle the nerves and singing the national anthem to his parents in the crowd, chest swelling with pride, his 1st ever game for the Wallabies at Stade Français Paris, winning a Super Rugby championship with the NSW Waratahs, the state of play in Australian rugby, writing articles for the Union Live app, the impending Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, the sense of responsibility and community that drive him forward as a player and an individual, Paddy Ryan’s work with batyr, an organisation that focuses on preventative education in the area of youth mental health and much more.
Super engaging chats! This podcast episode is a must for any rugby mad NSW Waratahs, Wallabies rugby union fan or anyone who’s ever harboured a dream of representing their country at the highest level!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest, Australia, Australian, batyr, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, businessman, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, founder, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, inspiration, Instagram, IPRC, LA, NSW Waratahs, Paddy Ryan, Paris, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, prop, rugby, rugby union, social media, Social Media Influencer, Stade Français, startup, success, Super Rugby, Sydney, Tahs, tech, USA, video, Wallabies, wanderlust, Waratahs, YouTube.
Entrepreneurship Podcast Feature: Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST – #156 Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
Wow! What an amazing show!
Last week on the Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet weekly iTunes entrepreneurship podcast, I stepped inside the minds of 2 of Australia’s music, marketing and events icons, Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers) and Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director).
Download this exclusive podcast via iTunes: http://bit.ly/hotndelicious
Super inspiring chats as we delve into:
Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers):
- The Wiggles’ signature index finger-wagging move – which Wiggles came up with it and where it came from.
- Murray Cook’s musical inspirations growing up – the first vinyl record he bought, stole or burned.
- The Soul Movers soul, rock, pop and folk band – how the band came to be, what it means to him and one of the band founders, Lizzie Mack.
- What inspired Murray Cook, Anthony Field and Greg Page to form The Wiggles in 1991.
- The Wiggles song writing process and the methods behind it.
- The hardest part about leaving The Wiggles and the freedom it allowed him to further pursue his passion for guitar and music.
- An exclusive acoustic live set by The Soul Movers at the end of the podcastfeaturing Murray Cook and charismatic frontwoman Lizzie Mack.
Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director):
- The repeating theme and motivation that has driven Remo Giuffré’s career forward as an entrepreneur, retail merchant and brand builder in Australia, San Francisco and New York.
- TEDxSydney – an annual flagship TEDx event which has become the leading platform for the propagation of Australian ideas, innovation and creativity to the rest of the world.
- How the TEDxSydney event came about.
- The biggest challenges about running the TEDxSydney events that he didn’t anticipate and how he worked through them.
- Who’s been one of the TEDxSydney speakers who’s inspired Remo the most so far & why.
- REMO General Store, the General Thinking network and the General Think Book.
- The joys and business challenges of REMO General Store.
- General Think Book – the fascinating journey of Remo’s life and what it is like to become an author for the first time.
Both Murray Cook + Remo Giuffré:
- Moments of Sheer Joy – Both guests describe in detail a key moment of joy or realisation, a pinch me moments that they’ve had in their career thus far when they’ve thought to themselves “I can’t believe that this is happening right now”.
- Drive and Self-motivation – What Murray and Remo each do to motivate themselveson those down days or mornings when they just can’t be bothered.
- 2 pieces of advice that Murray Cook and Remo Giuffré would give to someone who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Download this exclusive podcast via iTunes: http://bit.ly/hotndelicious
Special Thanks to:
- Remo Giuffré (founder & director TEDxSydney).
- Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
- Lizzie Mack (The Soul Movers).
- Australian comedian, podcaster and TV presenter, Wil Anderson.
- Oscar McMahon, Andy, Hanno and all of the Young Henrys
- Caroline, Riggs, Atlanta and the peeps at The Unicorn Hotel.
- Tashi Dorjee from TwoSpace.
- Gaz Williams from General Assembly (and now Inspire9) from Fuck Up Nights.
- Pauly B + Henry for jumping in on sound.
- Rob Marfleet for photography.
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, businessman, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, founder, Fuck Up Nights, General Thinker, General Thinking, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, inspiration, Instagram, LA, Murray Cook, Oscar McMahon, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, REMO General Store, Remo Giuffré, Small Business, social media, Social Media Influencer, startup, success, Sydney, Tashi Dorjee, tech, TEDxSydney, Testify, The Red Wiggle, The Soul Movers, The Unicorn, The Unicorn Hotel, The Wiggles, travel, TwoSpace, USA, video, wanderlust, Wil Anderson, Young Henrys, YouTube.