DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #161 Tom Richardson (Australian singer/songwriter) launches launches ‘Somebody Say Love’ single!
Tom Richardson is a close mate of mine and inspirational Australian singer/songwriter, who has performed in 15 different countries, had his music featured on Rip Curl surfing documentaries and in 2018, hits a decade of travelling the globe with a dream job as a full-time independent musician since the age of 21.
On today’s podcast we chat about Tom Richardson’s latest EP ‘Promise of the Light’, which is due to launch worldwide in early 2018 and was recorded in solace in lakeside cabins in Alberta, Canada and jungle hideaways in Bali, Indonesia, before collaborating with close friends Benny Walker & Tim Bennett in home studios in the Adelaide Hills and with seaside views at his home in Warrnambool, Australia.
We also enjoy vast-ranging chats about the systems & processes and tools that Tom utilises as a small business owner to keep a balanced life of physical & mental health, his favourite podcasts including Song Exploder, The Tim Ferris Show and Pilgrim Heart with Krishna Das, different meditation and yoga techniques that he practices, sharing stages with the likes Joe Bonamassa, Cold Chisel, John Butler Trio and a musical passport of memories including musical collaborations with Native American poets, Indian Kirtan masters, Fijian highland village choirs & indigenous Australian icons. Fascinating chats!
This latest release truly reflects Tom Richardson’s nomadic schedule and his life across the past 10 years, which is a musical odyssey of regular tours around Australia, North America, Asia and Europe leading to “rave reviews, prime festival slots, and international airplay”.
Oh and we snapped up the exclusive 1st worldwide global release of ‘Somebody Say Love’, the first single off Tom Richardson‘s ‘Promise of the Light’ EP! YES!
Super podcast, top bloke. I know you will enjoy the show. Let’s get into it!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Music, Podcast, Travel and tagged Alberta, ambition, Ausmusic, Australia, Australian, Bali, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, Benny Walker, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Canada, City of Angels, Cold Chisel, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, EP, founder, Hootsuite, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Indonesia, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, John Butler Trio, Krishna Das, LA, Los Angeles, Melbourne, music festival, Native American, new music, Pilgrim Heart, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, poet, Promise of the Light, Rip Curl, Single, social media, social media strategy, Somebody Say Love, Song Exploder, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, tech, The Tim Ferris Show, Tim Bennett, Tom Richardson, US, USA, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Ever wanted to work in the USA like me?
Last year I was in Los Angeles and the USA under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program for just under 3 months to explore what Los Angeles was like as a place to be based for work – to see if there was another side to the City of Angels away from the plastic fantastic and then based on these experiences, decide if I wished to pursue the O1 Visa as an option to work in the USA (also known as the O1 Alien of Extraordinary Ability Visa – yes, that’s what it’s called).
Now any Australian who has spent time in Los Angeles with a Green Card, E3 or O1 Visa will tell you that they have the best US Immigration Lawyer in the USA ever! And chances are that they might, but it’s not all cut & dried and there are some key things that you need to know before you go splash the cash on securing a lawyer in the hopes of chasing the American dream.
This week on Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! I chat with Los Angeles-based US International Business and Immigration lawyer, Andrea Szew, about:
- The 5 Must-Haves When Applying for a US Visa.
- How Trump’s administration is affecting foreign nationals’ ability to work in the US 1 year on since taking office and what you as an applicant needs to take into consideration.
- Andrea Szew’s life growing up in California, her time at UCLA and what inspired her to become a lawyer specializing in Immigration Law.
- Some of the iconic clients Andrea’s worked with including Hootsuite CEO, Ryan Holmes, Australia’s Thunder from Down Under in Las Vegas and much much more.
For context, Andrea and I met through the Aussies in LA / Australians in LA Facebook Pages, which is a wonderful community of Aussies and a super important resource for any Australian based in or seeking to be approved for a USA visa to work in Los Angeles.
And the good news is that there is SO much more to L.A. than the glitter, gloss and your name up in lights; countless hiking trails in the greater Los Angeles area, live comedy every night of the week, amazing Mexican food, a live music scene that makes your mouth water and I fell in love with the Sports Bar culture too. I’ve found the American people as a whole, from my previous holidays there and on this trip, to be so warm and welcoming, polite and giving. Plus if you need it, there’s this a super supportive community of expat Australians in both Los Angeles and New York City (should you need it) and a whole new country to explore. Loves it!
So if you an Australian businessman/women seeking to work in the USA or you have a friend who is… if you are award-winning digital media professional, an actor, musician, producer or entertainer who believes you have done the hard yards and have what it takes to make it in the USA, then this is the podcast for you!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Andrea Szew, Aussies, Aussies in LA Facebook Page, Australia, Australian, Australians in LA Facebook Page, B1B2 Visa, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, CEO, City of Angels, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Donald Trump, E3 Visa, entrepreneur, ESTA Visa Waiver Program, foreign nationals, founder, Green Card, Hootsuite, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, LA, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Melbourne, O1 Visa, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Ryan Holmes, social media, social media strategy, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, Szew Law Group, tech, Thunder Down Under, Trump, US, USA, video, Visa, wanderlust, YouTube.
Craft Beer Podcast TV Feature: Pro surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian + Black Brewing Co launch Honest Ale.
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #159 Honest Ale (Pro surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian + Black Brewing Co launch new craft beer).
Rad podcast chats!
Yesterday arvo I sat down with Pro Surfers Taj Burrow, Jay Davies and Dino Adrian at Hotel Ravesis in Bondi Beach to launch brand new Western Australian beer, Honest Ale, to the East Coast of Australia.
Honest Ale was born in the Margaret River region of Western Australia in May of 2017 and is the product of these three west oz natives in partnership with the crew at Black Brewing Co.
I actually grew up in Perth and every summer holidays we’d head down to the south coast of WA to Busselton (or Busso as the locals call it) in the Margaret River region and I have so many happy memories of that magical part of the world!
Inspiring chats as Taj, Jay and Dino share their earliest ever childhood memories, what the Honest Ale name means and what Black Brewing Co did to bring their dreams into reality and their advice for any one of you who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Super chats, super night out with the boys in Bondi Beach. Let’s get into it!
This entry was posted in craft beer, Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, beer, Black Brewing Co, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Busselton, Busso, craft beer, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Dino Adrian, entrepreneur, founder, Honest Ale, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hotel Ravesis, hotndelicious, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, Jay Davies, Margaret River, Melbourne, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Pro surfers, Ravesis, Ryan Ginns, social media, social media strategy, speaker, startup, strategy, success, surf, surfer, surfing Taj Burrow, Sydney, tech, USA, video, WA, wanderlust, Western Australia, Western Australian, Wil Eastley, Yokke Gallery, YouTube.
LIVE at Future Social Media 2017: Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #158 LIVE at IBRC Future Social Media 2017 Conference feat. Harry McGoldrick (Senior Business Manager – Carat media agency).
WOW! International Business Review Conference contacted me earlier this year and asked if I would like to speak at their ‘Future Social Media’ Conference in Melbourne this month and in Sydney next year.
As soon as they asked, I replied “Damn straight, as long as I can do it as a live podcast presentation with an industry guest”. IBRC jumped on board and the next thing you know I was jetting down to Melbourne to ‘Future Social Media 2017′ for my live social media feature presentation and podcast with Carat media agency Senior Business Manager, Harry McGoldrick, who works with wicked brands across a range of industries including Disney, Mattel, Marvel and more!
On today’s show we chat about the following:
Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns.
- Social Social Media + UX. The keys to generating content that consumers actually want to see and interact with their Mobile Newsfeed, whilst driving business and brand objectives.
- Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI.
- The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns. Pivoting from the wanna-be Instagram model to working with and upskilling influencers to create campaigns with a measurable uplift in Sales and Return On Investment.
PLUS, here are just some of the cool topics we discuss:
- Describe your favourite or one of your favourite campaigns that you’ve seen or been a part of in the digital space. What was it that you liked about it and why?
- What’s one way a creative/digital agency can do as far as ways of working to make your like easier as a Senior Business Manager at Carat?
- What brands do you think are nailing it in the digital space at the moment utilising a combination of amazing creative and the latest in advertising solutions.
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – The Ghost Ship on Sydney Harbour.
- How did the Ghost Ship concept come about?
- What was one of the most unexpected elements about bringing the activation to life?
- How did it work?
- What are digital platform products and developments on the horizon in 2018 that excite you and that you think digital marketers should be across?
- Given that one of the imperatives as a Media Agency is demonstrating ROI to clients. What things are you looking for when working with influencers and how would you like to influence change in how these influencers are being used?
If you would like to follow allow with the PowerPoint presentation and all the resources mentioned in the show, then download them here:
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, Brand Campaigns, businessman, Carat media agency, creative, Dan Wilkinson, Dead Men Tell No Tales, digital, Disney, entrepreneur, founder, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns, Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI, Future Social Media, Harry McGoldrick, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, IBRC, ideation, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, International Business Review, International Business Review Conferences, Marvel, Mattel, Melbourne, Pirates of The Caribbean, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Return On Investment, ROI, social media, Social Media Influencer, social media strategy, Social Social Media + UX, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, Sydney Harbour, Tahs, tech, The Ghost Ship, USA, UX, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Ambition is greater than fear. Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! with Poe (CEO and co-founder of Habu Health)
Ever had a vision and then brought your dreams into reality?
Christopher Poe AKA Poe is the CEO and co-founder of Habu Health, a Portland (Oregon, USA) based research group committed to building consumer confidence through scientific rigour.
Led by 12 years of research into the neurobiology of pain, and the pain-relieving properties of opioids and cannabis by leading industry pharmacologist and neural scientist, Dr Adie Poe (Poe’s co-founder and wife), Habu Health is a startup created to work with legislators and partners to build digital products that will fuel an intelligent database which integrates high-fidelity plant and human data.
We cover the legalities of recreational use and need for medicinal marijuana globally, the $2M dollars that Dr Adie Poe has already received in US government federal funding, the meaning behind the name of the business (Japanese for “herb”), what motivated Poe and Dr Adie Poe to take the leap of faith to pursue this dream and the launch of the Habu Health App in just 2 weeks!
Fascinating and educating insights into this data-fuelled startup and I have no doubt that you’ll enjoy this entrepreneur podcast as much as I do!
‘Cause legalising cannabis can change the lives and how we manage chronic pain in our global community. This shit is SO much more than Puff Puff Pass!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged #ChooseYourOwnAdventure, #smartcannabis, ambition, author, blog, blogger, Bondi Beach, CEO, Choose Your Own Adventure, Christopher Poe, co-founder, craftbeerlovin, creative, Dan, Dan Wilkinson, data, digital, Dr Adie Poe, Dr Adie Poe (Poe’s co-founder and wife), entrepreneur, Farma, founder, Genotype, Habu, Habu Health, Habu Health App, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, inspiration, Instagram, neural scientist, Oregon, Partnerships, Pepsi, pharmacologist, Phylos, Phylosbioscience, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Poe, Portland, puff puff pass, pursuit of happiness, social enterprise, social entrepreneur, speaker, startup, success, SXSW, Sydney, tech, US government federal funding, USA, video, YouTube.
Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! with Alexis Jones (I Am That Girl founder, activist, speaker & social entrepreneur)
“Woman are inherently bad-ass”
And Alexis Jones is truly a bad-ass in her own right!
Alexis Jones is the founder of nonprofit I AM THAT GIRL, which currently has 1M+ girls involved and chapters in over 20 countries. She is also an internationally recognized author, activist, speaker, TV host across a range of channels incl. CBS, ESPN, Fox Sports and MTV, and the founder of ProtectHer, a locker room program educating male athletes on the importance of respecting women.
She has spoken at The White House, Harvard, Stanford, The United Nations, for Nike, DELL and Pepsi just to name a few.
Alexis Jones is a women who has made it her life’s mission to “inject more empathy, vulnerability and more authenticity into the world” and she is truly one of the most awe-inspiring podcast guests that I have had the pleasure of speaking with on Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!
And today I bring Alexis Jones over the interwebs from Austin, Texas to you!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged #ChooseYourOwnAdventure, activist, Alexis Jones, ambition, Austin, author, bad-ass, blog, blogger, Bondi Beach, CBS, Choose Your Own Adventure, craftbeerlovin, creative, Dan, Dan Wilkinson, DELL, digital, entrepreneur, ESPN, founder, Fox Sports, Harvard, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, I Am That Girl, inspiration, Instagram, MTV, Nike, nonprofit, Partnerships, Pepsi, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Protect Her, pursuit of happiness, rocknroll, social enterprise, social entrepreneur, speaker, Stanford, success, SXSW, Sydney, tech, Texas, The United Nations, The White House, TV host, video, YouTube.
- Boost options & Insights now available for individual Instagram content.
- Instagram Insights now available for access via mobile phone only.
- New Contact Button – Instagram have installed an easy to use contact button for fans and followers who wish to email you.
- Switch over to Instagram Business Profile today via mobile phone. Must be logged into a Facebook account with access to brand page linked to your Instagram Account.
- Boosting existing content that’s actually live on your Instagram account – previously it was only possible by separate hidden or “dark” posts.
- Customer Service/Enquiries – new Contact Button makes it a LOT easier for fans and followers to get in touch.
- 3rd party tools no longer required for basic metrics such as Reach, Impressions, Follower growth, Gender Breakdown and Age Range.
- Instagram Analytics launch – while this this does feel like a band-aid placeholder to keep agencies & their clients placated, it no doubt means that the full-blown desktop version of Instagram Analytics that the platform has promised is not far away.
- Instagram for Business only available on mobile for now – not yet available on desktop.
- Rudimentary data, which will still need to be supported by other tools to measure and demonstrate ROI through Instagram.
- Available for most accounts, but not all. I’ve heard from a few of my Australian colleagues that it’s not available on all accounts yet.
- Update your smartphone – Ensure your Apple iPhone is updated to the latest version of Instagram.
- Instagram Advertising ensure you speak with your media agency about advertising options as they may have access to tools that aren’t yet accessible to the broader market.
‘Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet’ entertainment, travel, photography & lifestyle blog:
‘Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet’ entertainment, travel, photography & lifestyle blog:
- Set-up of Agency/Client Systems, Processes & Documentation.
- Social Media Audit.
- Social Media Playbook creation.
- Content Production.
- Community Management
- Reporting (incl. Data, Insights & Analytics)
- Issues Management, Crisis Management & Escalation.
- Monthly Content Calendars.
- Social Media Training & Education.
- Internal Leadership/Senior Management.
- Internal Teams.
- Internal Teams – Ways Of Working.
- Social Media Strategy.
- Content Production.
- Video content.
- Social media copywriting.
- Monthly Social Media Reporting & Analytics.
- Thought Leadership – writing for organization blogs/external media.
- Speaker – Events & Festivals.
To find out more drop us an email at: email@example.com or fill in the contact form below.
Let’s get started today!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged #auspol, #ausvotes, #democracysausage, ABC Snapchat, Australia, Australian Federal Election, blog, blogger, brand building, Bulmers, Cadbury, community management, content marketing, content production, contract, crisis management, Dan Wilkinson, digital, digital media, Download, Emmy, entrepreneur, Epic Fail, escalation, Facebook Awards, Fail, freelance, freelancer, Gen Y, hashflag, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, hotndelicious rocks the planet, human behaviour, Instagram, Instagram Analytics, Instagram Blog, Instagram For Business, issues management, Liberal, Liberal Party, Liberal Party Snapchat, Liberals, marketing, Melbourne, millennial, millennial marketing, millennials, Monthly Content Calendars, music blog, Oreo, Peroni, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Philly Cream Cheese, photographer, photography, podcast, podcaster, politics, producer, psychology, Red Bull, remote, Sapient Nitro, SapientNitro, Shane Smith, Shorty Awards, Small Biz, Small Business, Snapchat Sponsored Lens, social media, Social Media Brand Book, Social Media Director, Social Media Lead, social media marketing, Social Media News, Social Media Playbook, Social Media Speaker, social media strategy, Social Media Week, speaker, Sponsored Lens, startup, Sydney, tech, Thought Leadership, Twitter, Twitter Blog, Twitter Moments, user experience, VICE, Vice Media, video, video content, video production, vote, voters, voting, youth, YouTube.