Social Media Influencer
Marriage Equality. The answer is YES!
I don’t jump up on the soap box very often and so when I do you can rest assured that it’s subject matter that I am SUPER passionate about!
On Friday night I was kickin’ it at home after hectic week working on the social media strategy for the launch of a new app, when it struck me… Why the hell hadn’t I recorded an episode of my show about Marriage Equality?
Being an ex Emirates Airline flight attendant with LOADS of mates who are LGBTIQA, I am super passionate about the #MarriageEquality vote in Australia and want to be able to utilize my Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet weekly iTunes entrepreneurship podcast and social media presence to raise awareness for the vote and the need for Australians to take part in the upcoming Marriage Equality vote.
More than 760 million people countries around the world live in 23 countries where same-sex marriage is already a legal right. How are we not on board already?? It’s a basic human right! Fact. We were the 2nd country in the world to given women the legal right to vote (yep, New Zealand beat us again 😃). How are we so far behind now??
I immediately shot a text to my home-boy Craig Mack, who is a Social Media Strategist (TEDx Sydney, The Pinnacle Foundation, UTS), model with Wink Models, blogger, brand ambassador (Beyond Blue, R U OK?) and openly gay Sydney man, to join me to create an exclusive show about #MarriageEquality and the upcoming plebiscite vote to legalise gay marriage in Australia.
We discuss his childhood growing up in Coffs Harbour as the son of a drug dealer and drug addict, a hilarious and heartfelt True or False quiz about the facts of Marriage Equality, hot pink pants on a Sunday, his exploration of his own sexuality and sexual orientation, some of the wicked content we’ve seen about Marriage Equality including Tim Minchin’s ‘I Still Call Australia Home’ Marriage Equality plebiscite parody, to Audible’s ‘Listen to Love’ six-part audio series that the platform partnered with The Equality Campaign to create, exploring marriage equality in Australia, LGBTQIA teen suicide prevention and MUCH much more.
Honestly, this is one of the most, beautiful, honest and wonderful shows that I have ever had the pleasure of recording.
I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged #MarriageEquality, #VoteYes, ambition, ambition self-discovery, Audible, Australia, Australian, author, Beyond Blue, blog, blogger, Bondi, check.aec.gov.au, Craig Mack, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, digital nomad, Emirates Airline, gay, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, I Still Call Australia Home, influencer, inspiration, Instagram, LA, lesbian, LGBT, LGBTQIA, Listen to Love, live music, Los Angeles, Marriage Equality, meditation, mobile app, model, new music, parody, Peter Allen, plebiscite, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, R U OK, singer, social media, Social Media Influencer, success, suicide, Sydney, TEDx Sydney, teen suicide prevention, The Equality Campaign, The Pinnacle Foundation, Tim Minchin, UTS, video, wanderlust, WINK Models, YouTube.
- Lauren’s evolution from career model to Social Media Influencer with a highly engaged audience of 1.2 million Facebook fans, 169K Instagram followers and 33K+ Twitter followers.
- Driving ecommerce for brands:
- Via video/still content and what platforms to use.
- By partnering with the right social media influencer.
- TheRight.Fit influencer app and how brands are using this Australian platform to drive successful social media influencer relationships and campaigns.
- What brands should look for when seeking a social media influencer for their brand. Genuine social media influencers Vs wannabe Instagram models (both male and female).
- ROI and Measures of Success – in the mind of the influencer and how they differ from how brand marketers view ROI?
- Best Practice for Brands with examples from Tuscan Tan, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Top Tips for Social Media Influencers looking to generate mutually beneficial ongoing relationships with brands.
- The Secrets of Engaging Customers Online – for both brands and social media influencers.
Special thank yous for everyone who had a part in making this a reality:
- Lauren Vickers.
- Macleay College:
- Ian Thomson (Head of Faculty).
- Jeremy Taylor Riley (Social Media Strategy Lecturer).
- Alex Newall.
- The Production Team.
- Benjamin Sopronick.
- Mitchell Dodds.
- Cisco Corea
- Cat Douglas (Marketing and Social Media Manager).
- Taryn Williams (Founder & CEO – theright.fit).
- Grant Flannery (Strategy Director – co:collective).
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged ambition, Australia, aviation, Ballistyx Snowboard Show, best practice, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Bondi Beach Radio, Bulmers Original Cider, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Cancer Council Australia, Cat Douglas, Channel GO!, craftbeerlovin, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Driving ecommerce, Emirates, Emirates Airline, entrepreneur, Grant Flannery, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Ian Thomson, influencer, influencer app, inspiration, Instagram, Instagram Business Blog, interview, iTunes, Jeremy Taylor Riley, Kraft Peanut Butter, Lauren Vickers, Macleay College, marketing, Melbourne, model, music industry, Peroni Italian Beer, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Return On Investment, ROI, social enterprise, social entrepreneur, social media, Social Media Influencer, Social Media Influencer ROI, social media strategist, Splendour in The Grass, startup, success, Sydney, Taryn Williams, The Secrets of Engaging Customers Online, TheRight.Fit, Top Tips for Social Media Influencers, triple j, Tuscan Tan, Twitter Business Blog, university, video, wanderlust, YouTube.