Welcome back to the 2nd ever Sh*t To Do This Weekend!
I am a super active, outdoors person and so if you’re anything like me, then you are craving new shit to do in isolation this weekend to keep from losing your shit! Escape the conversation around COVID19 this weekend. Here are the hot tips for this weekend for all of you legends in lockdown!
- Post Malone announces Nirvana Tribute livestream for coronavirus relief – Saturday 8am AEST. Livestream via: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxsJymq0hk For more info: https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/news/musicnews/post-malone-nirvana-tribute-livestream-announce-coronavirus/12176344
- Isolaid Festival – Livestream all Saturday + Sunday afternoon and evening (AEST) via Instagram Live channels of each individual artist. For artists, session times and livestream URLs head to: https://www.isolaidfestival.com/.
- Music From The Home Front concert on Anzac Day 2020 – Saturday 25th April night 7:30pm AEST on Channel 9 feat. Tame Impala, Missy Higgins, Vance Joy, G Flip, Birds of Tokyo, The Rubens, Marlon Williams & more: https://musicfromthehomefront.com.au/
- Kokua Festival feat. Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, G. Love & Special Sauce, Ziggy Marley & more performing live for 2 hours this Sunday 8am AEST. Livestream via https://www.twitch.tv/amazonmusic For more deets: https://www.kokuafestival.com/
The Shrine of Remembrance livestream 5:40am – 6:30am: https://www.facebook.com/events/286295238964267/ For more info: https://www.shrine.org.au/Remembrance/Anzac-Day-%E2%80%93-25-April
Australian National War Memorial from 5:30am: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/at-home-we-will-remember-them-how-to-mark-a-historic-anzac-day/news-story/5f7a351a508eaf34c3a0da995fabb05f
LEARN TO MEDITATE – lose all your anxiety/stress and feel more chilled.
From beginner to experienced. Explore these 3 apps to find what you love. I never thought I’d try meditation and 6 years ago I tried for 5 minutes a day for 5 days and it changed my life! The tightness in my chest… gone… and a daily natural high. I did it this morning at 5am and helped me fall back to sleep and calm my mind. If you’re now saying your mind is too busy for meditation, I am still exactly the same and that is exactly the reason why.
- Calm App (my fave) calm.com
- Insight Timer – insighttimer.com
- Smiling Mind – Aussie start-up with 500K++ downloads and government grants in Australian schools: smilingmind.com.au
SHIT TO MAKE YOU LAUGH:
- Dad Jokes By Pubity. cracks me up every single day! instagram.com/dadsaysjokes
- The Chaser – Striving for mediocrity in a world of excellence chaser.com.au
- The BETOOTA ADVOCATE – “Australia’s oldest newspaper” and satirical news website betootaadvocate.com
GET IN ON THE PODCAST ACTION!
Here are a few of my faves!
- Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! – a weekly podcast where we interview inspiring people and entrepreneurs across a range of industries (incl. music, film/tv, comedy, fashion, travel and more) about what makes them tick and drives their hunger for success. linktr.ee/hotndelicious
- The Joe Rogan Experience – a free audio and video podcast hosted by American comedian, actor, sports commentator, martial artist, and television host, Joe Rogan. joerogan.com
- Wilosophy – Australian comedian and TV presenter, Wil Anderson, asks smart people stupid questions and tries to find out the meaning of life. Or something… wilanderson.com/wilosophy
INSPIRATIONAL SH*T ON INSTAGRAM:
- @hotndelicious – beautiful sunrise, wildlife and coastal walk photography and storytelling from Bondi Beach and the eastern beaches of Sydney photography instagram.com/hotndelicious
- @hunter_lawrence – travel the world and snow-capped mountains with Hunter Lawrence, his wife Sarah and Aspen the Mountain Pup instagram.com/hunter_lawrence
- @aspenthemountainpup – living on an adventure in the snow and mountains of Colorado, yes, this jet-setting golden retriever even has his own blue tick! instagram.com/aspenthemountainpup
- @natgeo – experience the world through the eyes of National Geographic photographers. instagram.com/natgeo
ONE WAVE TRI-WEEKLY SURFING AND MENTAL HEALTH ZOOM CHATS:
OneWave is a non-profit surf community raising awareness of mental health through a simple recipe…saltwater therapy, surfing and fluro. During lockdown, instead of meeting up for Fluro Friday every Friday morning at over 200 beaches worldwide, the team have taken to meeting online twice for week for global get togethers and Zoom calls to share our collective experiences and how we’re all getting through COVID19 in isolation. They have made SUCH a massive impact for me personally and helped me feel connected during lockdown!
- Free The Funk Wednesday Zoom calls (12pm AEST): https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUsd–vpjgiB780__VnNLQdqzShay_S_g
- Fluro Friday Zoom calls (6:30am and 12pm AEST): https://zoom.us/j/826019930
I have zero desire to be another one of those generic, self-appointed Instagram “life coaches” or influencers that have popped up during this crisis, however I do have an audience and I want to be able to help the people in my world through this challenging time. Feel free to share the love, hit me back if you love this list and follow me on social media too! (social media links are below too).
If you have more sections that I think you should add to this, then hit me up with your ideas! Happy weekend y’all!
Follow Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet via social media or listen to the podcast here:
Stream or Download the Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet! weekly entrepreneurship podcast via iTunes or Spotify.
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Music and tagged #digitalnomad, ANZAC, ANZAC Day, apps, aspenthemountainpup, Australian National War Memorial, beautyiseverywhere, Ben Harper, Betoota Advocate, Birds of Tokyo, Bondi, Bondi Beach, bondibeach, Calm, Comedy, coronavirus, COVID19, Dan Wilkinson, fintech, Fluro Friday, G Flip, G. Love & Special Sauce, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot Dub Time Machine, hotndelicious, Hunter Lawrence, Insight Timer, Instagram Live, Isolaid, Jack Johnson, Joe Rogan, Kokua Festival, live music, Marlon Williams, meditation, mental health, Missy Higgins, natgeo, Nirvana Tribute, not for profit, One Wave, photography, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, podcasts, Post Malone, recruitment, self-isolation, shit to do, Smiling Mind, social enterprise, social media, social media strategy, surfing, Sydney, Tame Impala, tech, The Chaser, The Rubens, The Shrine, Thought Leadership, travel, Vance Joy, Wilosophy, Ziggy Marley.
I am truly inspired by independent Australian singer/songwriter and producer Hayden Calnin.
Since 2012 Hayden has enjoyed radio play from high profile stations in the USA, UK and Australia such as Triple J, BBC6 and KCRW, he’s amassed over 15 million spins on Spotify, he’s been featured international music blogs such as Indie Shuffle, Stereogum and Pigeons & Planes, had his music featured on renown TV shows such as Suits, Parenthood, So You Think You Can Dance USA, The 100, Teen Wolf, MTV’s Awkward, Meet The Fosters and for the UK & Japanese official trailers for Oscar winning film, ‘Room’ and had The Vampire Diaries lead actor/director, Paul Wesley, reach out to him on Twitter as a fan, personally requesting to use the track on an episode he was directing in the final season of The Vampire Diaries
He’s sold out shows in Australia and the UK, to packed rooms in Paris and Berlin, had the pleasure of touring with the likes of The Antlers, Matt Corby, Brooke Fraser, Mat McHugh, Missy Higgins and so many more!
In today’s episode of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! weekly iTunes entrepreneurship podcast we explore what Hayden Calnin’s latest EP ‘Dirt’ means to him, the mental health challenges of young adults, how it can affect them and those around them, 2 unbelievable “pinch me” moments that he’s experienced in his life thus far and just what drives Hayden Calnin to pursue this career in music.
This man is living, breathing proof of how pursuing your passions can thrust you to a life beyond your wildest dreams.
Let’s get into it!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, author, BBC6, blog, blogger, Bondi, Brooke Fraser, Collision, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, digital nomad, Dirt, Emirates Airline, EP, Hayden Calnin, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Indie Shuffle, inspiration, Instagram, KCRW, LA, live music, Los Angeles, Mat McHugh, Matt Corby, meditation, Meet The Fosters, Missy Higgins, model, MTV’s Awkward, new music, Parenthood, Paul Wesley, Pigeons & Planes, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, singer, So You Think You Can Dance USA, social media, Social Media Influencer, Stereogum, success, Suits, Sydney, Teen Wolf, The 100, The Antlers, The Vampire Diaries, triple j, video, wanderlust, Waves, YouTube.