LIVE at Future Social Media 2017: Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST on iTunes – #158 LIVE at IBRC Future Social Media 2017 Conference feat. Harry McGoldrick (Senior Business Manager – Carat media agency).
WOW! International Business Review Conference contacted me earlier this year and asked if I would like to speak at their ‘Future Social Media’ Conference in Melbourne this month and in Sydney next year.
As soon as they asked, I replied “Damn straight, as long as I can do it as a live podcast presentation with an industry guest”. IBRC jumped on board and the next thing you know I was jetting down to Melbourne to ‘Future Social Media 2017′ for my live social media feature presentation and podcast with Carat media agency Senior Business Manager, Harry McGoldrick, who works with wicked brands across a range of industries including Disney, Mattel, Marvel and more!
On today’s show we chat about the following:
Social Social Media + UX, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns.
- Social Social Media + UX. The keys to generating content that consumers actually want to see and interact with their Mobile Newsfeed, whilst driving business and brand objectives.
- Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI.
- The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns. Pivoting from the wanna-be Instagram model to working with and upskilling influencers to create campaigns with a measurable uplift in Sales and Return On Investment.
PLUS, here are just some of the cool topics we discuss:
- Describe your favourite or one of your favourite campaigns that you’ve seen or been a part of in the digital space. What was it that you liked about it and why?
- What’s one way a creative/digital agency can do as far as ways of working to make your like easier as a Senior Business Manager at Carat?
- What brands do you think are nailing it in the digital space at the moment utilising a combination of amazing creative and the latest in advertising solutions.
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – The Ghost Ship on Sydney Harbour.
- How did the Ghost Ship concept come about?
- What was one of the most unexpected elements about bringing the activation to life?
- How did it work?
- What are digital platform products and developments on the horizon in 2018 that excite you and that you think digital marketers should be across?
- Given that one of the imperatives as a Media Agency is demonstrating ROI to clients. What things are you looking for when working with influencers and how would you like to influence change in how these influencers are being used?
If you would like to follow allow with the PowerPoint presentation and all the resources mentioned in the show, then download them here:
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, Brand Campaigns, businessman, Carat media agency, creative, Dan Wilkinson, Dead Men Tell No Tales, digital, Disney, entrepreneur, founder, Funnel Strategy and The Next Wave of Brand Influencer Campaigns, Funnel Strategy. Creating strategic content and advertising campaigns to drive results and your client’s ROI, Future Social Media, Harry McGoldrick, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, IBRC, ideation, influencer, influencers, inspiration, Instagram, International Business Review, International Business Review Conferences, Marvel, Mattel, Melbourne, Pirates of The Caribbean, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Return On Investment, ROI, social media, Social Media Influencer, social media strategy, Social Social Media + UX, speaker, startup, strategy, success, Sydney, Sydney Harbour, Tahs, tech, The Ghost Ship, USA, UX, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Did you ever dream of goose-stepping up the wing like the Wallabies’ David Campese in the World Cup? Steaming in with bullets like Dennis Lillie against the Poms to win the Ashes? Or taking three World titles and two Commonwealth Games gold medals like Aussie netballer Liz Ellis?
Well, NSW Waratahs and Australian Wallabies rugby union prop Paddy Ryan is chasing his dreams at the level elite! This Australian rugby union footballer currently has 93 caps for the NSW Waratahs in Super Rugby and 3 caps for the Australian national rugby union team the Wallabies and in today’s cracking podcast we delve into the Paddy Ryan’s minds eye as he describes for us the experience of what it’s like to walk out for the Wallabies for the very first time, how you handle the nerves and singing the national anthem to his parents in the crowd, chest swelling with pride, his 1st ever game for the Wallabies at Stade Français Paris, winning a Super Rugby championship with the NSW Waratahs, the state of play in Australian rugby, writing articles for the Union Live app, the impending Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, the sense of responsibility and community that drive him forward as a player and an individual, Paddy Ryan’s work with batyr, an organisation that focuses on preventative education in the area of youth mental health and much more.
Super engaging chats! This podcast episode is a must for any rugby mad NSW Waratahs, Wallabies rugby union fan or anyone who’s ever harboured a dream of representing their country at the highest level!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Travel and tagged ambition, Andrew ‘Twiggy’ Forrest, Australia, Australian, batyr, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, businessman, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, founder, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Indo Pacific Rugby Championship, inspiration, Instagram, IPRC, LA, NSW Waratahs, Paddy Ryan, Paris, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, prop, rugby, rugby union, social media, Social Media Influencer, Stade Français, startup, success, Super Rugby, Sydney, Tahs, tech, USA, video, Wallabies, wanderlust, Waratahs, YouTube.
Entrepreneurship Podcast Feature: Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
DOWNLOAD the PODCAST – #156 Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder) x Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
Wow! What an amazing show!
Last week on the Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet weekly iTunes entrepreneurship podcast, I stepped inside the minds of 2 of Australia’s music, marketing and events icons, Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers) and Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director).
Download this exclusive podcast via iTunes: http://bit.ly/hotndelicious
Super inspiring chats as we delve into:
Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers):
- The Wiggles’ signature index finger-wagging move – which Wiggles came up with it and where it came from.
- Murray Cook’s musical inspirations growing up – the first vinyl record he bought, stole or burned.
- The Soul Movers soul, rock, pop and folk band – how the band came to be, what it means to him and one of the band founders, Lizzie Mack.
- What inspired Murray Cook, Anthony Field and Greg Page to form The Wiggles in 1991.
- The Wiggles song writing process and the methods behind it.
- The hardest part about leaving The Wiggles and the freedom it allowed him to further pursue his passion for guitar and music.
- An exclusive acoustic live set by The Soul Movers at the end of the podcastfeaturing Murray Cook and charismatic frontwoman Lizzie Mack.
Remo Giuffré (TEDxSydney founder & director):
- The repeating theme and motivation that has driven Remo Giuffré’s career forward as an entrepreneur, retail merchant and brand builder in Australia, San Francisco and New York.
- TEDxSydney – an annual flagship TEDx event which has become the leading platform for the propagation of Australian ideas, innovation and creativity to the rest of the world.
- How the TEDxSydney event came about.
- The biggest challenges about running the TEDxSydney events that he didn’t anticipate and how he worked through them.
- Who’s been one of the TEDxSydney speakers who’s inspired Remo the most so far & why.
- REMO General Store, the General Thinking network and the General Think Book.
- The joys and business challenges of REMO General Store.
- General Think Book – the fascinating journey of Remo’s life and what it is like to become an author for the first time.
Both Murray Cook + Remo Giuffré:
- Moments of Sheer Joy – Both guests describe in detail a key moment of joy or realisation, a pinch me moments that they’ve had in their career thus far when they’ve thought to themselves “I can’t believe that this is happening right now”.
- Drive and Self-motivation – What Murray and Remo each do to motivate themselveson those down days or mornings when they just can’t be bothered.
- 2 pieces of advice that Murray Cook and Remo Giuffré would give to someone who has a dream, but is afraid to take that first step.
Download this exclusive podcast via iTunes: http://bit.ly/hotndelicious
Special Thanks to:
- Remo Giuffré (founder & director TEDxSydney).
- Murray Cook (The Wiggles, The Soul Movers).
- Lizzie Mack (The Soul Movers).
- Australian comedian, podcaster and TV presenter, Wil Anderson.
- Oscar McMahon, Andy, Hanno and all of the Young Henrys
- Caroline, Riggs, Atlanta and the peeps at The Unicorn Hotel.
- Tashi Dorjee from TwoSpace.
- Gaz Williams from General Assembly (and now Inspire9) from Fuck Up Nights.
- Pauly B + Henry for jumping in on sound.
- Rob Marfleet for photography.
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged ambition, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, blog, blogger, Bondi, businessman, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, founder, Fuck Up Nights, General Thinker, General Thinking, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, inspiration, Instagram, LA, Murray Cook, Oscar McMahon, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, REMO General Store, Remo Giuffré, Small Business, social media, Social Media Influencer, startup, success, Sydney, Tashi Dorjee, tech, TEDxSydney, Testify, The Red Wiggle, The Soul Movers, The Unicorn, The Unicorn Hotel, The Wiggles, travel, TwoSpace, USA, video, wanderlust, Wil Anderson, Young Henrys, YouTube.
It’s amazing the friends and connections that you can make through social media if you put yourself out there!
This week’s very special guest on Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! is comedian, writer & MTV presenter, Sam Taunton. Sam and I met via Twitter through Sri Lankan-born Australian-based stand-up comic and actor, Dilruk Jayasinha 2 years ago, after Dilruk was a guest of mine on the show.
Bursting onto the scene in the 2015 Triple J RAW Comedy National Final, of late Sam Taunton has been juggling stand up and various media projects including being MTV Australia’s newest VJ and in 2017 was nominated for ‘Best Newcomer’ at the 2017 Melbourne International Comedy Festival.
Sam Taunton has performed on ABC2’s Comedy Up Late, MTV, SBS, Channel [V], ABC Radio, NOVA and Triple J, has just recorded his 1st hour-long special for ABC and now he’s on my show!
Ever wanted to know the steps & tenacity it takes to be come a stand-up comic?
Download this hilarious and candid episode of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! with comedian Sam Taunton!
This entry was posted in Comedy, Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged ABC, ABC Radio, ABC2, actor, ambition, Austin, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, Best Newcomer, blog, blogger, Bondi, businessman, Channel [V], comedian, Comedy Up Late, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Dilruk Jayasinha, entrepreneur, founder, Health, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, hour-long special, inspiration, Instagram, LA, Melbourne, Melbourne International Comedy Festival, MICF, MTV, MTV Australia, MTV presenter, Murray Cook, Nova, Peru, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Remo Giuffré, Sam Taunton, SBS, singer, Small Business, social media, Social Media Influencer, Sri Lanka, standup comic, startup, streetart, success, SXSW, Sydney, tech, TEDxSydney, Texas, The Red Wiggle, The Soul Movers, The Unicorn, The Unicorn Hotel, The Wiggles, travel, triple j, Triple J RAW Comedy National Final, USA, video, VJ, wanderlust, Wednesday 1st of November, writer, YouTube.
Entrepreneurship Podcast Feature: Jason Havey – Spinning Logic, Iowaska in Peru & Blackhawk Military Intelligence Analyst.
Much like myself, Jason Havey has lived a super interesting life, rich with amazing experiences. A successful businessman, Jason is the COO of Onnit Labs global health and wellness brand, formerly an award winning Hotelier with 16 years of experience, most recently as General Manager of both the Hilton Madison Monona Terrace and the Sheraton Madison at the same time and originally an infantry mortarman, which eventually lead to him becoming a Military Intelligence Analyst for a Blackhawk helicopter unit.
This has honestly been one of the most fascinating explorations of another person’s life that I’ve ever had the pleasure of featuring on the Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! podcast.
We cover a vast array of subject matter from growing up super poor in Wisconsin as the child of a single mother, surviving a horrific car crash, breaking 3 vertebrae and having to learn how to walk again, the impact that float tanks make to how he operates, taking Iowaska in Peru not once, but twice, Reverend Jim Jones and the Jonestown massacre in Guatemala, being taken far outside his comfort zone and feeling like his eyes were opened for the first time the jungles of Central America during his military service and the joys of becoming a bone marrow donor and the privilege of being able to save the life of another person.
This Wisconsin native now resides in Austin (Texas) and for the past 3 years Jason has been the host of the Spinning Logic Podcast with over 150 episodes to date, where the goal of Spinning Logic is to thread together the unique stories of unique guests and to celebrate the vast array of people that represent humankind.
Jason Havey is an aggressive optimist, who believes strongly in the power of the individual to improve themselves and thus, the world. He also believes in the beauty of all things he finds true joy in interacting with unique individuals, places, events and stories.
Download this episode and be prepared to be amazed and inspired!
This week we also feature the brand new song by Fake Sibling – ‘Despondent’. Download the podcast to check it out!
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media, Travel and tagged ambition, Austin, Australia, Australian, Beauty is Everywhere, Blackhawk, blog, blogger, Bondi, bone marrow donor, bone marrow transplant, businessman, creative, Dan Wilkinson, digital, entrepreneur, founder, general manager, Guatemala, Health, health & wellness, Hilton, Hilton Madison Monona Terrace, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, inspiration, Instagram, Iowaska, Jason Havey, LA, Melbourne, Military Intelligence Analyst, Onnit, Onnit Labs, Peru, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Reverend Jim Jones, Sheraton, Sheraton Madison, singer, Small Business, social media, Social Media Influencer, Spinning Logic, startup, startups, streetart, success, SXSW, Sydney, tech, Texas, travel, USA, video, wanderlust, wellness, YouTube.