- Lauren’s evolution from career model to Social Media Influencer with a highly engaged audience of 1.2 million Facebook fans, 169K Instagram followers and 33K+ Twitter followers.
- Driving ecommerce for brands:
- Via video/still content and what platforms to use.
- By partnering with the right social media influencer.
- TheRight.Fit influencer app and how brands are using this Australian platform to drive successful social media influencer relationships and campaigns.
- What brands should look for when seeking a social media influencer for their brand. Genuine social media influencers Vs wannabe Instagram models (both male and female).
- ROI and Measures of Success – in the mind of the influencer and how they differ from how brand marketers view ROI?
- Best Practice for Brands with examples from Tuscan Tan, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate and Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Top Tips for Social Media Influencers looking to generate mutually beneficial ongoing relationships with brands.
- The Secrets of Engaging Customers Online – for both brands and social media influencers.
Special thank yous for everyone who had a part in making this a reality:
- Lauren Vickers.
- Macleay College:
- Ian Thomson (Head of Faculty).
- Jeremy Taylor Riley (Social Media Strategy Lecturer).
- Alex Newall.
- The Production Team.
- Benjamin Sopronick.
- Mitchell Dodds.
- Cisco Corea
- Cat Douglas (Marketing and Social Media Manager).
- Taryn Williams (Founder & CEO – theright.fit).
- Grant Flannery (Strategy Director – co:collective).
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged ambition, Australia, aviation, Ballistyx Snowboard Show, best practice, blog, blogger, Bondi, Bondi Beach, Bondi Beach Radio, Bulmers Original Cider, Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Cancer Council Australia, Cat Douglas, Channel GO!, craftbeerlovin, Dan Wilkinson, digital, Driving ecommerce, Emirates, Emirates Airline, entrepreneur, Grant Flannery, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, Ian Thomson, influencer, influencer app, inspiration, Instagram, Instagram Business Blog, interview, iTunes, Jeremy Taylor Riley, Kraft Peanut Butter, Lauren Vickers, Macleay College, marketing, Melbourne, model, music industry, Peroni Italian Beer, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, Return On Investment, ROI, social enterprise, social entrepreneur, social media, Social Media Influencer, Social Media Influencer ROI, social media strategist, Splendour in The Grass, startup, success, Sydney, Taryn Williams, The Secrets of Engaging Customers Online, TheRight.Fit, Top Tips for Social Media Influencers, triple j, Tuscan Tan, Twitter Business Blog, university, video, wanderlust, YouTube.
Global Award-Winning Social Media Strategy and Content Production for your brand | Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!
Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet – Global Award-Winning Social Media Strategy, Best Practice Social Media Playbooks, Monthly Reporting Templates & Content Production for your business or brand.
Social Media Strategy, Content Production, Monthly Social Media Calendars,Social Media Playbook creation, Community Management & Reporting
2017 has been a magical year so far!
12 months ago I wrapped my role as the Social Media Lead at SapientNitro and over the following months we won a sh*tload of awards from our work, but it was the right decision, born of a desire to to push myself to new heights and feel again the surge of energy that comes hand-in-hand with running your own show.
Since leaving my full-time role, I’ve shot a TV pilot at Twitter HQ in Sydney and Boilermaker House in Melbourne with two of my best friends Alister Robbie of The Post Project and Matt Smolen of Balloon Tree Productions (still in post-production – watch this space), spent 3 months based in West Hollywood, captured content at the US Masters in Augusta, Georgia, shot photos of Michelle Obama (called the Secret Service guy who patted me down, mate) and Wolfmother and recorded 4-5 shows for the Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! podcast at SXSW Music Conference in Austin, gained over 10K+ followers on each of my @hotndelicious (12.7K) and @craftbeerlovin’ Instagram (11.4K) accounts (I only launched @craftbeerlovin’ in April 2016 as a way to show my mates back home what beers I was drinking in the USA and now run with my good mate Nathan Webster, relocated to Sydney, took on Cancer Council Australia as a client of Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!, soaked up the positivity of working with an NFP and the feeling that you experience when you make a significant contribution to an organization, who are making an impact on the lives of Australians every single day, moved to Bondi Beach, landed myself a weekly radio show on Bondi Beach Radio within 10 days of arriving, have been asked to be a guest lecturer role in social media strategy at Sydney University Macleay College, started working as a social media influencer being paid to produce brand partnership content for my own brand – Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!, took on Mahlab Content Agency (Salesforce, HBf insurance) as a client, made countless new friends and shared some of the most amazing experiences!
My focus with recent clients has been to immerse myself into their business and ways of working, so that I can effectively audit their digital ecosystem, assets (physical and digital), corporate partnerships, influencer engagements, digital channels, content creation and reporting structure, so that I can then create custom Best Practice Social Media Playbooks, monthly or quarterly reporting templates for clients, upgrade their existing systems and processes and create strategic 2-3 year digital roadmaps.
It’s been a fascinating, challenging, joyful and rewarding year since going out on my own and making the transition from Social Media Lead for SapientNitro in Australia driving social media for Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate, Peroni Italian Beer, Bulmers Original Cider, Oreo, Philly Cream Cheese, Kraft Peanut Butter & more, to diving back into the freelance world with the challenges of owning/operating your own business and contracting with clients for a living.
After returning from Los Angeles in June, I spent six weeks in Melbourne pitching for contracts around Australia which culminated with me relocating to the warmer climes of Sydney to work with one of my favourite and most exciting clients yet… Cancer Council Australia.
While every client, be it agency-side or working for yourself, has its own challenges, ultimately overall this has been one of the most wonderful and enlightening experiences – to consult with an organization that are making a massive impact on the lives of everyday Australians, every single day!
I’m enjoying Sydney and beach life so much that I’ve decided to stay on Sydney for the summer and beyond and relocated from Coogee to Bondi Beach in late 2016 to be closer to the surf and where the action is.
While Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! will continue to consult with Cancer Council Australia and other clients on an ongoing basis, we are in the market for exciting new clients who are a good fit for our lifestyle and what we believe in.
If you are keen to audit your brand’s social media presence and generate a strategy/content that actually drives your business/brand objectives whilst being a digital ecosystem that your customers and fans actually want to interact with and be a part of, then we should chat!
Warning: We don’t do inspirational quotes or cat memes as they do nothing to help your business – unless you’re a pet store 😜
Dan Wilkinson (Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet!)
A few career highlights so far include:
- Creating the Peroni Nastro Azzurro social media brand book, which struck such a powerful chord with the Peroni brand team, so much so that they asked us to present the brand book as an example to all their agency partners and paved the way for a complete transition of Peroni into a digital brand with a new digital ecosystem including the Peroni Stile Italiano lifestyle blog and Peroni Instagram channel.
- Our award winning Philly Pourovers campaign where SapientNitro partnered with Instagram for the launch of Instagram Advertising in Australia, driving a measurable uplift in offline sales and a demonstrable ROI through social media for Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Sparking a national flavour debate with the creation of the Cadbury #ChocPlusWhat campaign leading up to the launch of Cadbury Dairy Milk with Vegemite Chocolate, which resulted in the Cadbury and #ChocPlusWhat trending nationally on Facebook/Twitter in Australia, made global news and was turned into a Twitter Business case study.
In my time in the advertising industry, we’ve changed the way our clients play in the social media space with innovative thinking, exciting brand building and social media-led campaigns.
When I first joined SapientNitro in July 2013, the Australian arm of the business had never focussed on social media clients before. During my time at the agency, with the support of our global social teams in Miami, New York, Chicago, Atlanta and Toronto, we transformed the Melbourne office into a digitally-focussed business, creating internal ways of working, crisis management & escalation procedures, content production and community management processes, reporting templates, social listening and analytics tool assessment/review, pitch document creation for successful pitches and more.
I stepped away from full-time agency-life in January 2016 to soak up the challenge of further building my own business and brand, Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet, and that of my clients, who crave a forward-thinking digital brand of their own. I want to partner with agencies, brands and clients to create audience-centric content that’s built for the user experience and drives the brand awareness/Reach that ultimately drive foot traffic/sales for their respective businesses.
And that now starts with you…
If you, your agency, your business, your brand or your client are looking to transform the way you approach social media then your journey starts now.
Complete our Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet contact form below and we can start building your presence today.
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Podcast, Social Media and tagged author, beautiful, best practice, blog, blogger, brand building, Bulmers, Cadbury, Cancer Council Australia, Canon, content marketing, Dan Wilkinson, digital, digital marketing, digital media, Download, DSLR, entrepreneur, Free, happy, Hot & Delicious, Hot & Delicious Group, Hot & Delicious Records, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot and Delicious, Hot and Delicious Rocks The Planet, hotndelicious, hotndelicious rocks the planet, inspiration, inspire, live each moment, marketing, Melbourne, new music, Peroni, Philadelphia Cream Cheese, photographer, photography, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, producer, shot of the day., SLR, social media, social media content, social media marketing, social media playbooks, social media reporting, social media strategist, social media strategy, startup, strategist, templates, video, writer, YouTube.