Pumped for the weekend ahead!
I am a super active, outdoors person and so if you’re anything like me, then you are craving new shit to do in isolation this weekend to keep from losing your shit! Escape the conversation around COVID19 this weekend. Here’s the hot tips!
Livestream Music Festivals/Events:
- Isol-Aid Instagram Live Music Festival 28/29 March is Saturday and Sunday (Aussie time).
74 Aussie artists livestreaming from 12pm to 12am AEDT – Australia Eastern Daylight Time. 🎹🥁🎸✨Artist line-up and livestream set times here: linktr.ee/isolaidfestival
Hot Dub Time Machine is one of the sickest party DJs on the PLANET, playing to audiences of thousands of people around the world each and this weekend he’s livestreaming a wicked party set live on Saturday 28th of March (Aussie time) from Sydney via Twitch! 🎉 Livestream is 6-8pm AEDT. Party at home, livestream and dance online with your friends. Get in! twitch.tv/hotdubtimemachine
- Jack Johnson livestream performing this Saturday, March 28 at noon Hawaii time (3pm PST, 6pm EST), which is Sunday 9am AEDT in Australia, Jack will play a #TogetherAtHome living room concert in collaboration with Global Citizen and in support of the World Health Organization. instagram.com/jackjohnson
- John Butler Trio is playing wicked blues and funk live sets every single night via Instagram Live. Every night at 9pm AEDT. The good news is that you can also stream them the next day on Instagram via your smartphone and connect it via Bluetooth to your speakers or headphones. I’ve got it in my ears now as I work and wearing a smile on my face. Enjoy! instagram.com/johnbutlertrio
Learn to meditate:
From beginner to experienced. Explore these 3 apps to find what you love. I never thought I’d try meditation and 5-6 years ago I tried for 5 minutes a day for 5 days and it changed my life! The tightness in my chest… gone… and a daily natural high. I did it this morning at 5am and helped me fall back to sleep and calm my mind. It you’re now saying your mind is too busy for meditation, I am still exactly the same and that is exactly the reason why.
- Calm App calm.com
- Smiling Mind – Aussie start-up with 500K++ downloads and government grants in Australian schools: smilingmind.com.au
- Insight Timer – insighttimer.com
Shit to make you laugh:
- Dad Jokes By Pubity. cracks me up every single day! instagram.com/dadsaysjokes
- The Chaser – Striving for mediocrity in a world of excellence chaser.com.au
- The BETOOTA ADVOCATE – “Australia’s oldest newspaper” and satirical news website betootaadvocate.com
Get on the podcast action:
- Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet! – a weekly podcast where we interview inspiring people and entrepreneurs across a range of industries (incl. music, film/tv, comedy, fashion, travel and more) about what makes them tick and drives their hunger for success. linktr.ee/hotndelicious
- Wilosophy – Australian comedian and TV presenter, Wil Anderson, asks smart people stupid questions and tries to find out the meaning of life. Or something… wilanderson.com/wilosophy
- The Joe Rogan Experience – a free audio and video podcast hosted by American comedian, actor, sports commentator, martial artist, and television host, Joe Rogan. joerogan.com
Inspiring photography and storytelling on Instagram:
- @hotndelicious – beautiful sunrise, wildlife and coastal walk photography and storytelling from Bondi Beach and the eastern beaches of Sydney photography instagram.com/hotndelicious
- @hunter_lawrence – travel the world and snow-capped mountains with Hunter Lawrence, his wife Sarah and Aspen the Mountain Pup instagram.com/hunter_lawrence
- @aspenthemountainpup – living on an adventure in the snow and mountains of Colorado, yes, this jet-setting golden retriever even has his own blue tick! instagram.com/aspenthemountainpup
- @natgeo – experience the world through the eyes of National Geographic photographers. instagram.com/natgeo
OneWave bi-weekly mental and surfing Zoom chats:
OneWave is a non-profit surf community raising awareness of mental health through a simple recipe…saltwater therapy, surfing and fluro. This past 2 weeks, instead of meeting up for Fluro Friday every Friday morning at over 200 beaches worldwide, the team have taken to meeting online twice for week for global get togethers and Zoom calls to share our collective experiences and how we’re all getting through COVID19 in isolation. Big wins and all welcome!
- Free The Funk Wednesday Zoom calls: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUsd–vpjgiB780__VnNLQdqzShay_S_g
- Fluro Friday Zoom calls: https://zoom.us/j/826019930
I have been chatting with my parents and sister this week about us collectively finding things that make us laugh, make us happy and keep us occupied this this strange time. We shared ours with each other and I’ve been sharing meditation links and other resources with peeps on the One Wave (a surfing and mental health community) Zoom calls this past week or so, so I figured that I should actually put them all in one place for my friends and people in my world to discover and utilise at will.
I have zero desire to be another one of those generic, self-appointed Instagram “life coaches” or influencers that have popped up in this past week, however I do have an audience and I want to be able to help the people in my world through this challenging time for all of us if I can, if that makes sense?
If you’ve got more sections that I think you should add to this, then hit me up with your ideas! Happy weekend y’all!
Follow Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet via social media or listen to the podcast here:
Stream or Download the Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet! weekly entrepreneurship podcast via iTunes or Spotify.
This entry was posted in Lifestyle, Music and tagged #digitalnomad, apps, aspenthemountainpup, beautyiseverywhere, Betoota Advocate, Bondi, Bondi Beach, bondibeach, Calm, Comedy, coronavirus, COVID19, Dan Wilkinson, fintech, Fluro Friday, Global Citizen, Hot & Delicious Rocks The Planet, Hot Dub Time Machine, hotndelicious, Hunter Lawrence, Insight Timer, Instagram Live, Isolaid, Joe Rogan, live music, meditation, mental health, natgeo, not for profit, One Wave, photography, podcast, podcaster, podcasting, podcasts, recruitment, self-isolation, shit to do, Smiling Mind, social enterprise, social media, social media ROI, social media strategy, surfing, Sydney, tech, The Chaser, Thought Leadership, travel, WHO, Wilosophy, World Health Organization.