Your cart is currently empty!
Women In Business: Katherine Newton (RUOK? CEO) | Episode #125
Welcome to our exclusive Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet show with RUOK? Campaign Director Katherine Newton.
Men account for 75% of all suicides in Australia and RUOK is a suicide prevention charity in Australia created to drive meaningful conversations with mates and loved ones to save lives.
On our 2nd consecutive university lecture at Macleay College in Sydney, we chat extensively with Katherine Newton about this Australian suicide prevention charity including:
- The evolution from RUOK? Day from a campaign into a 365 day-a-year suicide prevention charity.
- The approach and 4 Simple Steps you should take that could save someone’s life.
- RUOK’s ongoing partnerships and their staff buy-in with the likes of Hungry Jacks, Virgin Mobile, the Australian Government Department of Heath, Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Country Rugby League.
- Key steps everyday Australians can take to generate conversation and help raise awareness in their own physical and digital communities.
- Techniques & Meditation Apps that you can use to manage your own mental health.
- What to do if somebody says they’re not okay?
- The psychology behind Choosing A Call to Action – make it simple and get people participating.
- RUOK education and mental health projects with:
- Australian children in primary schools and high schools.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) sufferers – Ambulance, Paramedics, Police.
- RUOK? Day 2017 – Thursday 14th September.
For me, as an individual who has experienced the death of one of my best mate’s brother by suicide and my own family member who has experienced their own mental health issues, this show cuts deep and it’s was just wonderful to spend time one-on-one with a senior representative of an organisation like RUOK, who are making a daily positive impact on the lives of thousands of Australians.
Fascinating and insightful chats. Let’s get into it!
*Editors note: At the time of this interview in 2017, Katherine Newton was Campaign Director at RUOK?
Hit Hot & Delicious: Rocks The Planet up on social media here:
Special thank yous for everyone who had a part in making this a reality:
- Katherine Newton and the team at RUOK?
- Macleay College:
- Ian Thomson (Head of Faculty).
- Jeremy Taylor Riley (Social Media Strategy Lecturer).
- The students.
- Alex Newall.
- The Production Team.
- Benjamin Sopronick.
- Mitchell Dodds.
- Cisco Corea
- Grant Flannery (Strategy Director – co:collective).