Instagram have launched their latest, exciting new feature to combat the likes of Vine, Snapchat & Cinegram.. video! Addicted to Instagram, Hot & Delicious remain at the cutting edge of social media tech, so bleary-eyed I rolled out of bed this morning to do some quick research for y’all. Here’s the skinny:
- 15 seconds per video.
- 13 Instagram filters built specifically for video.
- Cinema feature – built to combat shaky videos shot on the go (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 only).
- Mini movies – you can record (incl. Stop/Start) consecutive mini-grabs of video content to make them into a short short film 🙂
- Screen flip during recording – Win. Unlike Snapchat you can stop & flip the camera mid-video to switch from capturing yourself to shooting your surroundings.
- Saved videos – yep, once you’ve shot your vid it automatically saves to your smartphone for use on other social channels incl. YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Instagram video only – you can’t upload your own videos shot outside of the Instagram App.
- Glitches/distortion – at times when Instagram uploads your photos/video it uploads with distortion to the image quality which isn’t present in original photo/video content. Believe this is due to interruption to data flow via Wi-Fi. Check out our original version
- Tagging – can’t tag your friends in vids on Instagram just yet, but no doubt it’s coming.
- Cover Frame – can’t choose an image shot outside of video content as cover image for video like on YouTube.
A wanna-be Rockstar, a puppy & skyporn.. Hot & Delicious Group’s first attempt at Instagram video:
So where does a first-time user start? Instagram video FAQ
More magic from Hot & Delicious on Instagram
What we’re hoping to see in the future from Instagram (not just in video format):
- Scheduled posts – for those of us who work in social media strategy, content creation & community management we report news/post immediately as content comes to hand, but it’s also important to be able to schedule content at keys times when we’re not connected digitally.
- Clickable URLs that enable us to direct Instagram user traffic to our website, blog and other URLs.