Instagram have launched their latest, exciting new feature to combat the likes of Vine, Snapchat & Cinegram.. video! Addicted to Instagram, Hot & Delicious remain at the cutting edge of social media tech, so bleary-eyed I rolled out of bed this morning to do some quick research for y’all. Here’s the skinny:
- 15 seconds per video.
- 13 Instagram filters built specifically for video.
- Cinema feature – built to combat shaky videos shot on the go (iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 only).
- Mini movies – you can record (incl. Stop/Start) consecutive mini-grabs of video content to make them into a short short film 🙂
- Screen flip during recording – Win. Unlike Snapchat you can stop & flip the camera mid-video to switch from capturing yourself to shooting your surroundings.
- Saved videos – yep, once you’ve shot your vid it automatically saves to your smartphone for use on other social channels incl. YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Instagram video only – you can’t upload your own videos shot outside of the Instagram App.
- Glitches/distortion – at times when Instagram uploads your photos/video it uploads with distortion to the image quality which isn’t present in original photo/video content. Believe this is due to interruption to data flow via Wi-Fi. Check out our original version
- Tagging – can’t tag your friends in vids on Instagram just yet, but no doubt it’s coming.
- Cover Frame – can’t choose an image shot outside of video content as cover image for video like on YouTube.
A wanna-be Rockstar, a puppy & skyporn.. Hot & Delicious Group’s first attempt at Instagram video:
So where does a first-time user start? Instagram video FAQ
More magic from Hot & Delicious on Instagram
What we’re hoping to see in the future from Instagram (not just in video format):
- Scheduled posts – for those of us who work in social media strategy, content creation & community management we report news/post immediately as content comes to hand, but it’s also important to be able to schedule content at keys times when we’re not connected digitally.
- Clickable URLs that enable us to direct Instagram user traffic to our website, blog and other URLs.
This entry was posted in Music and tagged Android, brand new, community management, dog, filters, Hot & Delicious, Hot and Delicious, Instagram, iOS, iPhone, new tech, no filter, puppy, rockstar, skyporn, Snapchat, social media, social media consultant, social media content, social media strategy, tech, technology, URLs, video, YouTube.